Monthly Tesla Sales Updates
- Model 3 claims the top-selling Tesla model in October across the 28 states we currently monitor.
- In the month of October, Tesla claimed 73% of the EV New Car Sales Market Share in the state of California.
- In Louisiana, the Model 3 jumped 225% in new vehicle sales in October.
- In the month of September, Tesla claimed 66% of the EV New Car Sales Market Share in the state of California.
- Model Y sales are strong in three big EV states - CA, FL, and TX - where the Tesla model ranks as the top-selling EV across those states in September.
- Florida and Colorado both saw double-digit losses in month-over-month sales for all Tesla models in their states. For example, Model 3 in CO dropped 35% in sales in Sept, while Model S in FL decreased 41% in sales.
- Kentucky is growing its state's Tesla sales with increased sales in both the Model 3 and Model Y over the last 12 months.
- Model 3 sales are climbing in the state of Virginia, increasing 2.083% over the last 3 months and claiming over 6% market share in the state.
- Tesla Motors has lost -0.500% of their market over the past three months. They are currently among the top 5 decreasing dealers of California.
- Model 3 sales have increased 1.614% in California over the last 12 months among Tesla models, now sitting at 3.441% total market share in the state.
- Model X seems to be struggling, with loss of market share in Illinois, Iowa and Colorado over the last 12 months.
- Tesla Used vehicle sales saw a slight increase in February, while New vehicle sales dipped about 2% month-over-month.
- New and Used Tesla vehicle sales continue to drop, as we are tracking a drop of about 10,000 units over a 3 month span.
- Tesla Model 3 sales have taken off by more than doubling in the last 3 months.
- Tesla new and used sales decreased month-over-month by about 8,000 units in January.
- New Tesla vehicles increased slightly in January, while their Used vehicle sales dropped.
- Florida Tesla sales saw the largest decrease in sales with a month-over-month loss of more than 4,000 units.
- Tesla new and used sales increased by almost 10,000 units month-over-month in December.
- North Carolina doubled their Tesla sales with over 1,100 sold units in the month of December.
- Washington recorded a second straight month of increased Tesla sales, claiming 5.20% of all Tesla sales in the states we collect. Up from 3.70% state market share from last month.
- Washington follows the top three states for Tesla sales, claiming 3.70% of all Tesla sales in November.
- Tesla Model 3 is gaining ground on the Model Y, with 13,315 new and used sales in November; only about 2k units away from the Model Y.
- Down for a second month in a row, used Tesla sales account for 14.42% of all Tesla sales in November.
- Used Tesla sales dropped slightly, accounting for 16.8% of all Tesla sales in October.
- Texas surpassed Florida as the second highest state with Tesla sales, claiming 13.6% of all Tesla sales in October.
- Overall Tesla sales increased month-over-month, with the Model Y seeing a 37.6% increase and closing in on New Model 3 sold units.
- California ranks as the top state for Tesla sales, followed by Florida which accounted for 24.77% of Tesla September sales.
- The Model 3 is the top seller in September with just over 11,000 units sold (new and used).
- Tesla used vehicle sales account for 18.32% of all Tesla sales in September.
Tesla Trend Charts
Source: Cross-Sell Interactive®
DISCLAIMER: Cross-Sell uses, and relies on the accuracy of, information received from the 26 states that provide the reports, and the data included on this page is derived solely from that information.